Checklist of More Local Holiday Events on December 10th
The holiday season is action-packed, and Saturday, DECEMBER 10th, is twofold! Here's a list of festive events to check out all in one day on the 10TH in the surrounding area, or choose your top two to three favorites!
* Ice Carving Contest - In Uptown Butte from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., watch artistic carvers in action, then stick around to see who wins after 3 p.m. Many stores will be open during the event for holiday shopping.
* Butte Symphony Guild's Holiday Home Tour - Five dynamic homes will be featured. Ticket locations include Keenan Jewelry, The Copper King Mansion, the Kelley Home, and more. Event happens from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
* Butte Winter Farmers' Market - Butte Plaza Mall 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Features delicious produce and an array of arts & crafts. Take away the winter blues and enjoy this farmers' market reminiscent of Butte's summertime market.
* Montana Tech's Society of Petroleum Engineers Christmas Bazaar & Trade Show - Enjoy the essence of the holiday season and for a good cause. Event happens from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Maroon Activity Center.
* Santa at the Spirit of Columbia Gardens Carousel (Stodden Park) - Bring the family for a day of fun and a chance to see Ol' St. Nick. Have your Christmas lists ready, kids, 2 to 5 p.m.
* Nutcracker at the Mother Lode Theatre - The Montana Ballet Company will take to the stage at 6 p.m. Tickets are available at the box office. You can also call (406) 723-3602 or visit buttearts.org.
* Cutler Brothers Theatre Presents Home Alone II - Show runs Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays now through December 23rd. Hit em' up this evening as the main character, KEVIN, leaves everyone wanting more! The show tonight begins at 7:30 in Deer Lodge at 301 Main Street.
* Pintler Pets of Anaconda Christmas Bazaar - Craft items, baked goods, jewelry, woodwork, and more are on tap for a great cause at the Dwyer Intermediate Gym in Anaconda (1401 Park Street). The event runs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
* Open Theatre Project of Anaconda's Best Christmas Pageant Ever - This hysterical play stars local students and adults and is sure to have audiences smiling from ear to ear. December 10th at 7 p.m. and December 11th at 1 p.m. in Anaconda's Little Theater on Main.
* Anaconda Garden Club Breakfast Fundraiser - Enjoy biscuits & gravy, plus fruit and more at the Ancient Order of Hibernians in Anaconda 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. Event helps to raise money for Garden Club high school scholarships.
* Whitehall Chamber of Commerce Christmas Stroll - This festive event happens from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. with a Christmas carnival, a wreath auction, bingo, Santa at the library, and more! Visit whitehall-chamberofcommerce.com for more details.
* Twisted Christmas by the Virginia City Brewery Follies - It's the final performance of this comical satire, so don't miss the fun at the Butte Elks Lodge at 7 p.m. Tickets are available at the Butte Elks Lodge, Headframe Spirits, the Freeway Tavern, and the Midway Tavern.
LOOK: The top holiday toys from the year you were born