Rock the Pit, Oktoberfest, Science Mine & More on Tap Today
It's a gorgeous October weekend and time to take in some fantastic events! Planned for today, October 8th, and top on the list: Rock the Pit, World Museum of Mining Tours, Butte Farmer's Market, the Science Mine, Butte American Legion Baseball Bingo Fundraiser at the KOC; Oktoberfest, Winter Gear Swap, an Open Theatre Project Murder Mystery performance in Anaconda; and the FoLEO Gala in Deer Lodge. Here are the logistics!
* Rock the Pit at the Butte Elks Lodge 240 is a dedication/fundraiser in honor of Perry Schelin, who was not only an endearing family man but a phenomenal musician and co-founder of Miles Crossing, who passed away in early January after succumbing to brain cancer. Beginning at 3 pm today, Rock the Pit will provide LIVE music and more to help raise funds for students in need of musical instruments in memory of Schelin.
* World Museum of Mining is popular for several months during the year, but especially a sight to see in October with its haunting undertones. Their online site can guide you on how to book a tour today, as they are open from 10 am to 4 pm. You can also call (406) 723-2411.
* The Butte Farmer's Market and the Science Mine are underway early today, with the Market closing at 1 pm for the season in Uptown Butte just off Main Street. The Science Mine, an informative approach to all things science for enthusiasts of all ages, is open until 2 pm at 36 E. Granite in Butte. Call (406) 559-7279.
* The Knights of Columbus is hosting a bingo fundraiser for Butte American Legion Baseball at 6 pm tonight, as they always remain instrumental in helping the community. Show your support while kicking everybody's behind at bingo! That's the KOC tonight, 224 W. Spruce.
* Oktoberfest in Anaconda is underway right now until 5 pm at The Copper Village Museum & Art Center, 401 E. Commercial. Arts, crafts, LIVE music, and a traditional Oktoberfest beer garden are part of today's festivities.
* Winter Gear Swap is a great way to purchase gently worn/used essentials for the upcoming season but at reduced prices. The Winter Gear Swap is community oriented and begins today at noon at Pintler's Portal Hostel, 218 W. Park in Anaconda. Admission is Free.
* Open Theatre Project's performance of "You Have the Right to Remain Dead" is in its last weekend of performances. This audience-interactive murder mystery is a must-see. Bring your sleuth skills to this exciting theatrical event at 7 pm tonight at the Copper Village Museum & Arts Center, 401 E. Commercial in Anaconda. (Final performance is tomorrow at 2 pm).
* FoLEO Gala is a dedication and fundraiser for local Law Enforcement who put their lives on the line daily for the community. This event gets underway at the Rock Creek Cattle Company at 105 Pauly Drive in Deer Lodge at 5 pm and will continue through the evening.
What events will you be attending today or anytime this month? Let us know, and also reach out to us with your upcoming event. Also, If we inadvertently missed an event you are hosting, please contact us in the comments below.